Mountain View Humane is proud to provide free transportation to pets that live outside our immediate service area. The Hip-To-Snip Trip trucks meet the pet owners at a central location and are transported to MVH’s Spay/Neuter Clinic for their surgery. Animals are returned the following day. Most transports are scheduled once a month. If unsure of your best option, contact our clinic at 540.382.0222.
As a regional facility, we work with a number of other organizations and shelters to provide spay/neuter within the region surrounding the clinics. If you live outside the Christiansburg areas, there may be an organization near you that participates in our transport program.
- All animals must be transported separately in a secure, hard plastic crate lined with newspaper.
- Soft carriers cannot be sent on transport.
- Puppies and kittens may be transported together.
- If you do not have a crate, borrow one from a friend or local rescue group.
- All animals 4 months and older should have food withheld after midnight the night before transport for surgery.
- Puppies and kittens under 4 months old may have food until 6am the morning of transport.
- All animals may have water until 6am the morning of transport.
All animals not belonging to a 501(c)3 organization, being transported by Mountain View Humane for surgery, must be paid for by Visa or Mastercard on the day of surgery. This can be done by calling in your card information prior to the date of surgery, or filling out a form for credit/debit card use on the day of the transport along with the animal admission form.